Updated November 13
We understand that there are many issues facing you as a business during this difficult time. We want to do what we can to assist you so you can find the information you need to make informed decisions for you and your employees. Note: This page is actively updated as state mandates and regulations change.
- (11/13) The County of San Diego has released a COVID-19 case rate map shown by by zip code and jurisdiction. This tool shows which tier each area falls into with historical data for the week prior.
- (11/10) San Diego County falls into the “purple,” most-restrictive COVID-19 tier, meaning that restaurants, houses of worship, movie theaters and other organizations must cease or significantly reduce their indoor operations by 12:01 a.m. Saturday.
- Breakdown of business activities by COVID tier from the CDHP here.
- (11/2) SBA created a PPP forgiveness factsheet for borrowers for forgiveness process.
- (10/27) The California Rebuilding Fund will launch the first half of November 2020. Its purpose is to centralize the various resources (financial, in-kind, technical) available to CA small businesses; streamline the process from application to loan to state guarantee.
County of San Diego reopening plan
- The County of San Diego has released its safe reopening business plan. Details about the plan here.
- Fill out this form when you reopen, once restrictions have lifted.
- City of Oceanside Coronavirus information here.
- City of Vista Coronavirus information here.
- City of San Marcos Coronavirus information here.
- City of Carlsbad Coronavirus information here.
- City of Escondido Coronavirus information here.
Outdoor expansion permit:
- Carlsbad permit application
- Escondido permit application
- San Marcos permit application
- Oceanside permit application
- Vista permit application
North County: Still Hiring.
San Diego County resources:
- San Diego County Health and Human Services is updating the number of local cases here.
- San Diego County Health and Human Services Department is providing updates here.
Paycheck Protection Program
- Details about the paycheck protection program, an SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus, are here.
- Overview of program here.
- Fact sheet for borrowers here.
- Fact sheet for lenders here.
- A breakdown of all SBA Coronavirus Loans are here.
- Stay home except for essential needs order from the State of California here.
- Essential businesses and industries here.
Tax relief resources:
- IRS Taxpayer relief information here.
- Executive order for the State of California which extends the tax deadline by 60 days for individuals and businesses (see provision 5, page 2) here.
Loan programs/funds available:
- Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund here.
- Small Business Stimulus Program here.
- SDG&E coronavirus relief information here.
- COVID-19 business center resources here.
- Federal Stimulus Programs Available for North County Businesses here.
- CDC Small Business Finance emergency loan program here.
- Small Business Relief Initiative from GoFundMe and Quickbooks here.
- San Diego Worker Assistance Fund here.
- See if your business qualifies for an Economic Injury Diaster Loan with the briefs here and here.
- US Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program, Guidance for Busineses and Employers and other important information here.
- San Diego COVID Community Response Fund information here.
Businesses open for takeout:
- City of Vista businesses open for takeout here.
- City of Oceanside businesses open for takeout here and here.
- City of Escondido businesses open for takeout here.
- City of Carlsbad businesses open for takeout here and here.
- City of San Marcos businesses open for takeout here.
- Free legal counsel for small businesses and non-profits here.
- Small Business Stimulus Program here.
- Small Business Resource guide from California State Treasurer Ma’s office here.
- A comprehensive listing of resources offered by private, public and non-profit entities to help California businesses here.
- Small Business Development Center open for business during the Covid-19 crisis, details are here.
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers here.
- Assemblymember Tasha Boerner Horvath’s resource page here.
- San Diego Brewers Guild information and resources here.
- San Diego Workforce Partnership resources here.
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development: helpful information for employers, employees and all Californians here.
- SDG&E will waive late payment fees for businesses facing hardship, details here.
- Adapting to the online world – If you are a small business that is new to online tools, please contact us at email@example.com– we’ll put you in touch with a member of our community that has offered to help businesses get set up with Zoom and other online tools
- Sick or Quarantined: If you’re unable to work due to having or being exposed to COVID-19 (certified by a medical professional), you can file a Disability Insurance Claim. Reduced Hours: If your employer has reduced your hours or shut down operations due to COVID-19, you can file an Unemployment Claim.
- Testing for COVID-19 here.
- ICIC Small Business Resource Center here.
If you find these resources do not have what you need, please email us at the email addresses below. Please select the city within which your businesses resides and we will answer your questions within 24 hours, and we will do our best to answer them more quickly.
City of Carlsbad – firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Escondido – email@example.com
City of San Marcos – firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Oceanside – email@example.com
City of Vista – firstname.lastname@example.org
San Diego North Economic Development Council – email@example.com
Innovate78 – firstname.lastname@example.org