- This event has passed.
Startup Series // Startup and Innovation on the 78 Corridor
April 7 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
This year’s series will follow the life cycle of new businesses – beginning with best practices for securing startup funding.
The landscape for startup fundraising has fundamentally changed over the past two years. San Diego’s angel investor ecosystem is richer than ever, and the success of a variety of unicorn startups has sparked the interest of venture capital firms beyond the region’s traditional startup industries, such as biotechnology and software.
Join us for the return of in-person Startup Innovate78 programing as we hear from a panel of founders and funders about:
- Lessons learned in raising first and subsequent rounds of capital
- Unique value propositions funders look for when searching for successful companies
- Lessons learned from first-time founders and how founders can stand out
- Best practices on leveraging local assets and knowledge to thrive within the local startup landscape
- Orianna Bretschger, Aquacycl, Escondido
- Erik Groset, BetFully, Carlsbad
- Todd Harris, Tyra Bioscience, Carlsbad
- Caitlin Wege, Tech Coast Angels
Networking Table Topics:
- Angel investing
- Non-dilutive funding (grants, loans, tax credits)
- Hiring and recruiting
- Pitch practice and feedback
- Startup incubators and accelerators
Compliance with current COVID-19 guidelines will be required at this event.